20 years ago, who would have thought shopping could be done while sitting at home and scrolling through your PC and mobile screens. Well, here we are, not just with a few sites but hundreds of online shopping website selling a wide variety of goods across categories and delivering it to our doorstep. Despite what some people think, online shopping is not just for the lazy and bears no relation to how to fit you are.
Rather than going outside and coming back home with the disappointment of not finding your desired product in stores; you are now able to browse and shop with comfort. You also have the option of choosing and comparing; you cannot ask for more. With great offers/discounts and some of the sites offering free delivery facility, there has been a rapid increase in the online shopping sector. The best thing about online shopping is the time saved in transactions. Although there is no hands-on inspection of the product, some still hesitate in using online shopping websites.
I think every ‘top shopping website list’ should start with Amazon. Founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994, Amazon initially sold books online and later started to sell various products in different categories. Amazon is available across various countries. In some countries, they only have a handful of competitors.
I have come up with a list of features on the basis of what makes Amazon different from others:
- Produces and sells products such as Echo, Kindle E-Reader, Fire tablets, Fire TV Stick
- AmazonBasics sells low-end products under Amazon with products ranging from stationary to Electronic devices
- In India, Amazon delivers Grocery and other daily requirements in just 2 hours
- Amazon Prime:
- You get free and fast delivery on eligible items
- Prime Video, a video streaming platform which lets you access original content
- Prime music, lets you listen to 10 million songs in multiple languages and all ad-free
- Lets you access the best deals once you become a Prime member
- All this for $12.99 a month with a choice of canceling at any time.
Visit here Amazon.in
Founded in India in 1999, Zappos was acquired by Amazon in 2009 by seeing the sales made by Zappos. Zappos features both Clothes and shoes but includes a wide variety of shoes to choose from irrespective of the size or brand you need.
- It offers a different kind of footwear ranging from narrow and wide width.
- Also sells Vegan shoes which are hard to find
- It has a 365 Day return policy where you can shop multiple shoes at a time and return those you do not like with no extra charge
- Buy any product of your choice and regardless of the price of the product, you are not charged a delivery fee
- Well, I may not call this a feature but at the time of death in a Customer’s family, Zappos employees send the flowers to the family (Actually, hope you never experience this)
- 24/7 Customer Care, Customer Representatives listen to your problem and help you in clearing doubts.
Visit here Zappos.com
Also read, Benefits of Outsourcing Your HR
eBay is a consumer to consumer and business to consumer sales-oriented website. eBay allows business and people to sell their items online by listing the products and starting an online auction on the site. They also feature a wide variety of products worldwide.
Founded by Pierre Omidyar in 1995, eBay has now become a multibillion-dollar brand. I have mentioned few of its features below:
- eBay allows you with the option “Buy it Now” which ends the auction immediately. It is available until someone bids on the item. When the option disappears, the auction-style listing proceeds normally
- The seller who has sold genuine and great products gets rated, and the one with 4.5 and above rating are listed more frequently
- It covers a wide range of products from around the world with the feature to buy and sell to anyone.
Visit here Ebay
ASOS, originally known as “As Seen on Screen”, is British online fashion and beauty store founded in 2000. ASOS primarily caters to and target aims for young adults.
Let me take you through some of its features:
- It offers everything from beauty and fancy items to jewelry products for both men and women.
- Featuring items from over 80,000 brands worldwide
- Also features various country size charts
- Has eBay like feature called “Marketplace” where you can buy and sell used clothes.
Visit here Asos
Founded in 2007, Myntra was later acquired by Flipkart in 2014 for a whopping 2000 Crore Rupees. It was initially sold personalized gift items and later, moved towards a sale of clothing apparels. It offers various Indian and International brands.
- It provides various filters while searching for products
- You can also follow a brand or a blogger to get to know more about their styles and what they have to offer
- Try and buy option, you can now try the item you wish to purchase before buying it. This is available only if the cart value is above 999 Rupees.
- With Myntra you can also purchase a Gift Card and give it to your loved ones
- It provides great experience both on the app and on the website.
Visit here Myntra
Alibaba founded by Jack Ma in 1999. Alibaba has a wide range of products and delivers throughout the world. It currently operates in more than 200 countries.
- It is by far the largest B2B marketplace
- Delivers to various parts of the world with a basic delivering fee
- It also sells heavy equipment like Machinery
- You can choose from various Manufacturers and suppliers for Machinery
- Has a wide range of fashion accessories.
- Also has after sale inspection.
Visit here Alibaba
Indians might be familiar with Paytm as this was a huge benefit to most Indians during the time of demonetization. Paytm is an Indian Based E-commerce company launched in 2010. With the tie-up between Paytm and Alibaba, Paytm has widened its product range and now also delivers in Canada.
- Paytm Wallet: You can transfer money from your bank account to the wallet for easier transactions
- Paytm Inbox: This allows you to chat with friends and family and request for money
- Paytm Bank: You can open a savings account with Paytm and also get a card which uses your Paytm money
- Paytm Mall: Offers you a wide range of products just like every other shopping website.
Visit here Paytm
Founded in 2007 by Sachin Bansal, Flipkart was available to Indians way before Amazon came into India. Flipkart is the largest E-commerce brand which currently owns Snapdeal, Myntra, and Jabong.
“The Flipkart Big Billion Sale” comes every year, and Indians have shown great interest as can be found by the massive sales in 2014. The sale offered many products at relatively lower prices.
- Flipkart has its own delivery chain called EKart making it easier for the customer to know the track details of their item
- Like Amazon, Flipkart also launched mid-range electronic products such as Digiflip Pro Tablet, under “DigiFlip.”
- Flipkart Smart Buy gives you the best quality electronic and home products at affordable prices.
Visit here Flipkart
Founded in 2000, a subsidiary of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. Walmart is a well known retail outlet in The United States. But with online shopping, it has gained massive attention in various parts of the world. It is the second largest e-commerce website in The US after Amazon.
- Same day grocery delivery
- Free two-day shipping on millions of items
- They do not charge a membership fee
- From grocery to furniture, everything ready to be delivered.
Visit here Walmart
The Body Shop
The Body Shop is an entirely different shopping website when compared to the other shopping websites listed here. It features products for body, face, and hair. They claim that they are inspired by nature and manufacture their products. The Body Shop is in no way similar to the websites I mentioned earlier.
- They sell 100% vegan products
- They claim to use natural ingredients entirely
- Free shipping on orders above 50$
- The website offers you tips from skincare to body care for both Men & Women.
Visit here The Body Shop
India’s leading online shopping website for eyewear. This site covers the entirety of India when it comes to selling eyewear. I would personally feel that Lenskart has an out of the box feature from ‘checkup’ to ‘try at home’ feature.
For those who are lazy to get out and test their eyes, Lenskart is worth a try.
- Lenskart offers a unique feature where you can try their glasses with the help of a camera. Lenskart renders your face with your selected glasses so you can view how the glasses look on you.
- Try Glasses at home: You can choose five glasses and try those at home before making a final choice
- Free Eye Checkup: the optometrist, arrives at your place and tests your eye.
Visit here Lenskart
Forever 21 mainly targets women, mostly teens and above 20. It is the 5th largest specialty retailer in The United States. Although it was criticized for some of its slogans on shirts, it still packs an excellent line of clothing.
- Free shipping on orders above 50$
- Has a dedicated column for Plus Size
- It features a catalog where you get to know what you need to wear for particular occasions
Visit here Forever21
Why go for Online Shopping?
- You can compare the price of two products
- A Shopping Cart that provides you with the list of products ready to shop for
- Variety of products to choose from
- With a great option of exchange and return
- You can shop anytime from anywhere
- Save money on fuel, try buying online.
- Wishlist, if you cannot afford a product for now then have it saved on your wishlist for future purchase
- If you are someone who hates shopping in the crowd, then online shopping is the best option.
- How to protect my personal information?
- How do I know my order is confirmed?
An email and message will be sent once you have successfully placed your order.
- Why is my shipping on my product not eligible for free delivery?
Not many shopping websites offer free delivery as they require your cart to be of some minimum value.
Make sure you grab the offer on your product before someone else does.